Commencement Speakers Announced: Clatsop CC, Concordia, Dartmouth, Eckerd, Elmhurst, Lehman, Marist, Mississippi Valley State, Montgomery, Northeastern Illinois, Saint Martin's, Santa Fe Art and Design, Truman State, U. of New Haven
May 10, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Clatsop Community College: Ted Wheeler, Oregon state treasurer.
- Concordia College, in Minnesota: Roxana Saberi, author and human rights advocate.
- Dartmouth College: Geoffrey Canada, president of Harlem Children’s Zone.
- Eckerd College: Bill McKibben, the environmental activist.
- Elmhurst College: Linda Marshall, a telecommunications consultant.
- Lehman College of the City University of New York: Frances Beinecke, president of the Natural Resources Defense Council.
- Marist College: Ernie Anastos, a New York City news anchor, and Lisa Marie Cathie, president and CEO of Ulster Savings Bank.
- Mississippi Valley State University: U.S. Representative Bennie G. Thompson, Democrat from Mississippi.
- Montgomery College, in Maryland: Norman R. Augustine, retired chairman and CEO of the Lockheed Martin Corporation.
- Northeastern Illinois University: Donna Brazile, vice chair of the Democratic National Committee.
- Saint Martin's University: The Rev. J. Peter Sartain, archbishop of Seattle.
- Santa Fe University of Art and Design: Godfrey Reggio, the filmmaker.
- Truman State University: Paul L. Gaston III, Trustees Professor at Kent State University.
- University of New Haven: Ted Kennedy Jr., a lawyer and advocate for people with disabilities, and U.S. Senator Christopher Murphy, Democrat from Connecticut.
Northwestern College is a Christian liberal arts college affiliated with the Reformed Church in America and located in Orange City, Iowa...
The University of Puget Sound is an independent residential undergraduate liberal arts college with selected graduate programs building effectively on...