Commencement Speakers Announced: Bronx CC, City College, College of Holy Cross, Hardin-Simmons, Lehigh, Mount Ida, National Louis, NYIT, Pratt, Scripps, St. Edward's, St. John's
May 14, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Bronx Community College of the City University of New York: Quiara Alegría Hudes, an award-winning playwright.
- City College of the City University of New York: Matthew Goldstein, the retiring chancellor of the CUNY system.
- College of the Holy Cross: Anne Fadiman, the Francis Writer in Residence at Yale University.
- Hardin-Simmons University: Teresia Taylor, who is retiring as the university's head of the Department of Foreign Languages and senior professor of Spanish.
- Lehigh University: Bill Nye, "the Science Guy."
- Mount Ida College: Setti Warren, mayor of Newton, Massachusetts.
- National Louis University: Representative Gwen Moore, Democrat of Wisconsin; and Michele S. Jones, former director of external veterans/military affairs and community outreach for the President’s Veterans Employment Initiative.
- New York Institute of Technology: Edward Guiliano, president of the institute.
- Pratt Institute: Kurt Andersen, novelist and radio host.
- Scripps College: Ruth Markowitz Owades, an entrepreneur and corporate director.
- St. Edward's University: Maria Otero, former under secretary of State for civilian security, democracy and human rights.
- St. John's College, in New Mexico: Jill Cooper Udall, an arts advocate and lawyer.
Fountain Valley, CA
Founded in 1993, South Texas College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalau...
Columbus State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is located 100 miles southwest of Atlanta on the banks of the churning Chatta...