Flooding Closes Campuses in North Dakota, Minnesota
- A River Runs Alongside It
- New Presidents or Provosts: American U. in Cairo, Benedictine U., Kilian CC, Marquette U., Metropolitan State U., Minnesota State U. Moorhead
- Quick Takes: Iowa's Floods, Michigan Accused of Stonewalling on Sports, Arizona's New Higher Ed Hub, More Bad News for WVU, Reprieve Possible for AP Italian, 'Scholar Ship' Closes, Foundation Fight
- Waiting to Assess Gustav's Damage
- New Programs: Entrepreneurialism, Environmental Sustainability, ESL
Flooding of the Red River has led several colleges to close for most or all of the coming week. The closures are both to ensure safety and to permit many students and faculty members to help with sandbagging and other efforts to minimize flood damage. Among institutions affected: Concordia College, Minnesota State University at Moorhead, North Dakota State University and the University of Mary.