- Push to Protect Researchers From Attacks
- After Attacks on Researchers, Caution and Steadfastness
- California Passes Law Protecting Animal Researchers
- Quick Takes: Animal Rights Group Attacks UCLA Van, Obama Talks Student Aid, Recovery in Iowa, Virginia Tech Settlement, Minerva Proposals, Montclair's Green Pledge
- Fighting Back Against Extremists
Many professors attacked by animal rights extremists have taken the approach of becoming as invisible as possible. But a profile in today's Los Angeles Times looks at a professor at the University of California at Los Angeles who is taking the opposite approach -- organizing a campus protest against the violent acts being committed by animal rights extremists.
"People always say: 'Don't respond. If you respond, that will give [the attackers] credibility,'" said J. David Jentsch, a neuroscientist whose car was set on fire. "But being silent wasn't making us feel safer. And it's a moot point if they are coming to burn your car anyway, whether you give them credibility or not."
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories