Texas Christian Drops Gay Housing Plan
- Facing legislative pressure, South Carolina Upstate calls off lesbian humor performance
- Quick Takes: Details on Language Efforts, UMass Phasing Out Race-Specific Housing, Loan Regulations, Gay Activists Arrested at Liberty, Oregon Backs Away From Diversity Rule, Shifts at Rutgers, Texas Students Killed, Mont. Board Chair Quits
- Essay on state of budget cuts to academe in Australia and the U.S.
- Two legal cases illustrate growing tensions over rights of transgender students at Christian colleges
- Legal Loss for Anti-Gay Student
While a number of colleges have created gay-themed housing units, Texas Christian University raised more eyebrows when it announced plans for such a program. On Monday, with some religious groups having criticized the plan, Texas Christian announced it was reversing course. The statement did not focus on gay housing, but said that the university wanted to review all theme housing before adding any new programs.