Blackface Controversy at Toronto
- Will Photo Haunt Penn President?
- Quick Takes: Blackboard-WebCT Merger Faces Antitrust Probe, NCAA Will Investigate Correspondence High Schools, Shimer May Move to Chicago, Blackface at Stetson, Blog Gets Miami Student Booted From Dorm, John Silber Looks Back
- Rising Up Against Rankings
- Quick Takes: Colleges Will Be Covered by Chemical Regulations, Court Faults U. of Cal. on Tuition, Grade Buying Alleged, Research on Scholarly Communication, Blackface Furor at Hamline, Noose Ignorance at Reed, Augustana Goes Test-Optional, Staph Suit
- Quick Takes: New Measure of What Students Learn, Ominous RFP, Noose and Blackface Incidents, Opposition to Community College Measure, Hiring Surge at Michigan, Accusations From the Past, Oxford's Leader to Leave
The University of Toronto is the latest institution to be discussing the meanings of and hurt associated with blackface. Maclean's reported that the university had a town hall discussion following word that some students dressed for Halloween as "the Jamaican Bobsled Team," darkening their faces. While the students maintained that they were not trying to be offensive, members of the Black Students' Association said that blackface is inherently offensive.