Cuesta College President Quits After Short Tenure
- San Francisco isn't only Calif. community college in accreditation meltdown
- How Offensive Can a Trustee Be?
- A New Baptist Higher Education
- New Presidents or Provosts: California Polytechnic State U., Contra Costa College, Gateway Community
- New presidents provosts: Berea Cal Poly Fielding NICC Skagit
David Pelham, who became president of Cuesta College in March of 2008, has quit his position at the California community college, The San Luis Obispo Tribune News reported. While the outgoing president is taking a job in the United Arab Emirates, an e-mail he sent out suggested that he believes there are serious problems at the college. He wrote that those at the college need to learn to "make decisions in a manner that is inclusive but faster," "disagree on issues without undermining the credibility of those with whom we disagree" and "develop a collective understanding that how things have been done in the past may not fit our present circumstances."