LeTourneau Challenges Stanford on Invention
- A Quiet Campus Upgrades Its Security
- Commencement Speakers Analyzed at Smith and Announced at Albion, Austin, Holy Cross, Hope, Houston CC, LeTourneau, Sacred Heart, Simmons, Southern Maine, Southern Mississippi, Wentworth, Whitman
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Hampden-Sydney, Lafayette, LeTourneau, Middlebury, Roosevelt
- New Presidents or Provosts: Ashford U., Columbia International U., LeTourneau U., Northern Essex CC, San JosÃ© City College, Seton Hall U., Sussex County CC
- Quick Takes: Eastern Ky. and LeTourneau Try 4-Day Work Weeks, Textbook Antitrust Concerns, Madison's Next Chancellor, New Fight on Immigration Status, Randolph Sells Painting for $7.2M, Oxford's Push for Pounds
Are LeTourneau University undergraduates being robbed of credit for a prosthetic knee they invented? The university thinks so, according to The News-Journal. Time recently praised Stanford University's prosthetic knee as one of the best inventions of the year, and that honor led LeTourneau officials to investigate and to challenge the idea that this was truly a Stanford invention. Stanford officials told the newspaper that its design was unique.