Judge Dismisses Suit by Dissenting Alumni Against Dartmouth
- Dartmouth Approves Controversial Board Changes
- Quick Takes: Taking a C to Court, Dartmouth Alumni Dispute, Controversy Over Anti-Rape T-Shirts, End to Default Program, Antioch Board Receives Update, Collaboration Among Public Universities, Cowley Student Dies in Fire, NCAA Members Flex Muscles
- Board Rights vs. Alumni Rights
- Quick Takes: For-Profit Oversight Ends in California, Bush Signs New GI Bill, More Talks on Border Fence, Green Digest, Politics at Monroe CC, Support for Humanities in Africa, Suit Against Dartmouth Dropped, Top Public Intellectuals, Dog Dispute in China
- Dartmouth Shifts -- to the Right?
A New Hampshire judge has dismissed a lawsuit challenging the decision of Dartmouth College to expand the size of its board, effectively reducing the proportion of trustees that are elected by alumni. The ruling was based in part on the dismissal of a similar, earlier challenge to the college's board expansion.