Power Struggle at North Texas
- Reign of the Politician-Chancellor
- Prior learning assessment catches on, quietly
- New Presidents or Provosts: Arizona Western, Blue Ridge CC, Columbia State CC, Front Range CC, Grantham U., North Country CC, SUNY-Albany, U. of Texas Health Science Center-San Antonio
- Sex and the Single Scientist
- To Library, or Not to Library
Gretchen Bataille's many supporters remain confused and upset by her ouster last month as president of the University of North Texas, with only vague statements having been issued about why she was forced out. The Dallas Morning News, based on a review of e-mail records obtained through an open records request, reports that there may have been no single dispute between Bataille and system leaders, but that she differed with Chancellor Lee Jackson on a series of issues, including tuition, organizational matters and a branch campus.