New Suit Over Erskine
- Erskine board rebuffs request that it let church remove trustees
- Erskine struggles to find a president who meets its religious requirements
- Questions on Erskine's Accreditation
- Davidson reconsidering requirement that president be Presbyterian
- Merger talks between Montreat College and Point University suddenly collapse
One lawsuit challenging a move to fire trustees of Erskine College has been replaced with another -- filed by three trustees and the alumni association -- again seeking to block changes at the college, The Greenville News reported. Officials of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, which is trying to reconstitute the board, declined to comment. The church's move to assert more control over the college has dismayed many faculty members, students and alumni, and is being questioned by the college's accreditor.