UConn President Named to Lead U. of Illinois
- Hogan's rocky tenure at Connecticut hinted at potential problems at Illinois
- New Presidents or Provosts: Alliant International U., Florida Gulf Coast U., Lake Superior State U., Philadelphia U., U. of Connecticut
- NYU vacation home loans pay into narrative of administrative excess
- Illinois law will restrict universities' use of search firms
- UConn launches investigation into its own handling of child sex abuse allegations against professor
Michael Hogan, president of the University of Connecticut, was named Tuesday as the next president of the University of Illinois system. Prior to going to UConn in 2007, Hogan held senior positions at Ohio State University and the University of Iowa. Hogan replaces B. Joseph White, who resigned as Illinois's president last year amid a scandal over admissions preferences for the politically connected.