Controversial Choice for Virginia Tech Board
- Virginia governor calls for finality from Tuesday's meeting
- On the Failure of Legacy Governance at the University of Virginia
- UVa board poised to reappoint ousted president, but not without objection
- Virginia governor reappoints controversial U.Va. board member
- Christopher Newport Bars Anti-Gay Bias
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell has named John Rocovich as a member of the board of Virginia Tech, returning him to a role in which he was controversial in a previous tenure, The Roanoke Times reported. As rector (or board chair), Rocovich tried to reverse an affirmative action program and also tried to block the appointment of a lesbian professor's partner through an effort used to help the spouses of hires find jobs.