Ontario University Leaders Will Be Told to Post Expenses
- Professional (Lobbying) Help
- Quick Takes: Ontario Union Wants Boycott of Israeli Academics, Obama's College Costs Discussion, More Scrutiny of Congressional Earmarks, U. of California Refunds, Gotham Book Mart's Legacy at Penn
- Quick Takes: ETS to Pay Millions for Errors in Teacher Test, Pell Recipients Up 33% Since 2000, Bancroft Prizes, Actors Studio Will Start MFA at Pace, Abortion Compromise at Bowling Green, Ontario 2-Year College Strike Continues, Bob Jones Bars Starbucks
- New Scrutiny on Expense Accounts
- Quick Takes: Seattle VP Quits, Scrutiny of Travel at Mesa, Desegregation Suit, Pentagon Spying, British Spying, E-Mail Dispute, Presidential Leave After DUI Arrest, Katrina Claims Questioned, Impact of Black Colleges, Shleifer Loses Chair and Keeps Job
Leaders of Ontario's universities will soon be required to post all of their expenses, The Globe and Mail reported. The move comes amid demands for greater transparency by the universities. Another new requirement: a ban on spending tax dollars on lobbying.