Federal Inquiry Into Marquette Response to Sex Assault Reports
- NCAA inquiry at Penn State is unprecedented involvement in criminal matter
- Amid rape investigations, University of Montana requires all students to take tutorial before enrolling
- New Scrutiny for Sex Assault Cases
- Sexual assault survivors tell Congress to increase protections in VAWA
- UNC charged student with honor code violation for discussing her rape allegation
The U.S. Education Department is investigating whether Marquette University violated campus crime reporting requirements in its handling of two allegations last year of sexual assaults by athletes against other students, The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported. Local law enforcement officials have criticized the university's handling of the cases, saying that too much time passed before they were notified of the reports. Marquette officials have since announced reforms of the university's procedures for handling such reports.