Consumer Protection Bureau Survey on Private Loans
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau publishes 2,000 comments on private student loans
- CFPB is investigating Corinthian Colleges, possibly focusing on student lending
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to seek oversight of loan servicers
- Did Congress Tame the 'Wild West'?
- Federal agency requests comment on private loan modifications
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is seeking comments on private student loans from students, families, colleges and loan providers to prepare a report for Congress on private student lending. In a notice published in today's Federal Register, the bureau said it was seeking information on how students use private loans, what types of comparison shopping tools are available, what best practices are for financial aid offices who counsel private borrowers, and other topics related to the private lending industry. The report must be submitted to Congress by July 21, 2012.