More Discord Over Alabama Two-Year College System
- Alabama names seventh new community college chancellor in six years
- New Presidents or Provosts: Alabama Community College System, Colgate U., College of Charleston, Mount Holyoke College
- Closing One Gap for African Americans
- Quick Takes: DuPage President Ousted, Race and Educational Attainment in Canada, Ala. Judge Reinstates Fired Community College President, College of Lake County to Arm Police
- New Presidents or Provosts: Birmingham-Southern College, LDS Business College, Northwestern U., Riverside CC, Schenectady County CC
The Alabama Board of Education is divided over the performance of Freida Hill as chancellor of the state's two-year college system, with four of the nine members giving her low marks in numerous areas as part of a recent evaluation, The Birmingham News reported. Three board members gave her high marks, and two others mixed marks. The criticisms were wide ranging, including a lack of communication with the board, poor relations with the state's K-12 system and poor morale in the system. Hill's defenders said that disgruntled college presidents have encouraged the criticisms. Hill is the sixth person to lead the system since a corruption scandal in 2006.