Poll: Americans View Higher Education as a Right
- Poll: Most Americans and business leaders say graduates should be well-rounded
- New book examines state of public universities on 150th anniversary of Morrill Act
- Framing the Conversation on Research Universities
- At birthday celebration, land-grant colleges get advice about their future
- Defining a Great University
Three in four Americans believe higher education is a right for everyone, according to a poll released Monday by the Carnegie Corporation of New York. Nearly half of Americans (46 percent) said that this was a belief they held strongly. Carnegie released the poll as part of this week's celebration of the sesquicentennial of the Morrill Act, which created the land-grant university system in the United States.