Anger Over 'White History Month' Fliers at Mercer
- Quick Takes: Injunction Blocks NASA Rules, Another Loss at Virginia Tech, UMass Alumni Dispute, Research Digs at South Pole, Recruiting Blacks to Computer Science, Semester May Be Doomed in Israel, 'American Idol' Scholarship, British Lecturer vs. Google
- Cornell Law: Lady Gaga or Gone Gaga?
- Quick Takes: Settlement for VT Families, University Bars Tibet Questions for Dalai Lama, Scientists on Drugs, Lafayette Ex-Cop Arrested for Groping Employees, Union Dispute at Wayne State, Maneuvering on GI Bill, Lessons From Mumps Outbreak
- review of 'Mad Men, Mad World: Sex, Politics, Style & the 1960s'
- In Grad Admissions, Where Is Class?
A number of students at Mercer University are upset about the appearance on campus of fliers calling for November or December to be declared "White History Month," The Macon Telegraph reported. "It is just as fair to have White History Month/s as it is to have Black History Month/s. How much will you bet that there will be controversy over this?” the fliers said. The university doesn't know who put them up, and is encouraging students to engage in discussions of issues in ways other than anonymous leaflets.
Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2012/10/16/2215253/mercer-abuzz-about-white-history.html#storylink=cpy