President Ousted at State College of Florida
- New Presidents or Provosts: Florida Gulf Coast U., Manatee CC, Marylhurst U., Metropolitan State U., Northwest Nazarene U., Quinnipiac U., U. of Southern Mississippi
- Texas, Florida, and Wisconsin governors see large overlap in higher education platforms
- U of Texas political tensions to come to a head in legislative hearings this spring
- Is U. of Texas at Austin president being forced out?
- U. of Texas at Austin leader won't be forced out immediately
Under pressure from his board, Lars Hafner agreed Tuesday to resign as president of the State College of Florida, The Bradeton Herald reported. Two trustees -- who were not among those who clashed wtih Hafner -- then announced that they were quitting. Hafner's supporters, including many who work at the college, say he was a strong advovate for the institution and helped it expand. His board critics were appointees of Governor Rick Scott, a Republican, and said Hafner had failed to practice fiscal conservatism.