Taking to the Skies to Oppose Virginia Board Member
- Virginia governor reappoints controversial U.Va. board member
- U.Va. board tries to move past leadership controversy
- UVa board poised to reappoint ousted president, but not without objection
- U.Va. board reinstates president Sullivan and prepares for strategic planning effort
- U.Va. board retreat focuses on structure and attitudes
Critics of Helen Dragas, who as board chair of the University of Virginia led the failed attempt to oust Teresa Sullivan as president, took to the skies Wednesday, with a banner flown in Richmond urging lawmakers to reject the re-appointment of Dragas to the board, The Richmond Times-Dispatch reported. The banner said: “Restore Integrity at U.Va. Don't Confirm Dragas.” The article said it was not known who arranged for the banner's display.