U. of Puerto Rico Will End Unpopular Fee
- $60M fine, 4-year bowl ban among penalties; university removes Paterno statue
- Challenge to the Power of Tenure
- Diversity Debate at Lehigh
- U.S. Appeals Court Rules for Tenure Rights
- Quick Takes: Few Prisoners Receive Postsecondary Education, Art Flap at Dutchess CC, Universities and FDA Work to Cut Drug Costs
The University of Puerto Rico announced Saturday that it will eliminate an $800 fee that has led to numerous student protests, the Associated Press reported. University officials said that they could manage without the revenue generated by the fee because of government pledges to increase financial support for the university.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/26/3201756/university-of-puerto-rico-to-eliminate.html#storylink=cpy