College Sports Reform Group Gets a Permanent Home
- Essay: Big-time college athletes deserve financial support and security
- Essay: Longtime critic applauds NCAA action on multiyear scholarships for athletes
- NCAA defense in likeness lawsuit not tenable, report says
- Academics to propose federal legislation restructuring NCAA
- Ralph Nader and 'Pay for Play'
The Drake Group was born out of a meeting at Drake University in 1999, but in the years since, the faculty group intent on reforming college sports has been a nomad, lacking a permanent home. But that will change now, with the group going "in residence" at the University of New Haven, the academic home of Drake's current president, Allen Sack. a professor of sport management. The Drake Group has focused its efforts on ensuring academic integrity in college athletics.