College Fallout Feared From Olympic Decision to Drop Wrestling
- Supreme Court Hands Wrestlers Loss on Title IX
- British lecturer compiles best student excuses
- Quick Takes: Texas-Pan Am President Accused of Plagiarism, Rice and Baylor Med May Merge, Montclair Students Protest Cartoon Slur on Obama, Police Chief Says He'll Make Degree Legit, Oregon Wrestlers Lose Suit, Anger Over Web Posting, Flu Shot Record
- Split Decision in Title IX Case
- Essay on the people who made one student welcome at a university
Advocates for college wrestling programs -- many of which have been dropped in recent years -- fear that the Olympic decision to drop the sport will lead to more team eliminations, The Chicago Tribune reported. "It will give athletic directors with tight budgets a new excuse," said Jim Scherr, a former Olympic wrestler. "Over a decade or two, the impact will be significant."