Report Details Problems at Roxbury Community College
- Quick Takes: Seattle VP Quits, Scrutiny of Travel at Mesa, Desegregation Suit, Pentagon Spying, British Spying, E-Mail Dispute, Presidential Leave After DUI Arrest, Katrina Claims Questioned, Impact of Black Colleges, Shleifer Loses Chair and Keeps Job
- In fifth presidency, Evan Dobelle faces many allegations that ended his fourth
- Quick Takes: Alleged Conflicts of Interest at Cambridge College, Call for Reform in Engineering, $2.5M for Dorm Death Suit, Big Bond Plan for Virginia, New Member for 5 Presidencies Club, Progress for New Jersey's Medical University
- Who Investigates a President?
- Compilation of articles on guns and higher education
An independent report requested by the board of Roxbury Community College found that the Massachusetts institution had violated campus safety laws and may have lost track of significant sums of money, The Boston Globe reported. The investigation was requested after the departure of the last president and several board members, amid various allegations about the college. One finding was that the college had failed to investigate sexual assault complaints about two employees. New board members and administrators have said that they are already working on some of the issues identified in the report, and said that they would continue efforts to improve management of the college.