President Quits at Campus Criticized for Response to Attack
- (Alleged) Crime and (Delayed) Punishment?
- Outrage Over Ouster of Priests at Saint Louis U.
- Quick Takes: New Measure of What Students Learn, Ominous RFP, Noose and Blackface Incidents, Opposition to Community College Measure, Hiring Surge at Michigan, Accusations From the Past, Oxford's Leader to Leave
- New Presidents and Provosts: Brenau U., Gordon College, Pacific Oaks College, Sacred Heart U., St. Louis CC-Meramec, SUNY-Plattsburgh, West Liberty U.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Brenau U., Gordon College, Pacific Oaks College, Sacred Heart U., St. Louis CC-Meramec, SUNY-Plattsburgh, West Liberty U.
George Wasson on Monday resigned as president of the Meramec campus of the St. Louis Community College, effective immediately, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported. The college has been under intense criticism for its handling of an assault on a female student. The alleged attacker -- who has since been arrested -- was originally released with just a verbal warning, infuriating not only the victim and her family, but many others on the campus.