Bucknell Seniors Make Time Stand Still on Graduation Day
- Bucknell receives gift inspired by handling of score reporting scandal
- Bucknell misreported test scores from 2006 to 2012
- Book Smarts and Basketball -- A Trend?
- New Presidents or Provosts: American U. of Nigeria, Bucknell U., Granite State College, Lake Superior College, Northland College, U. of Evansville, U. of Rio Grande/Rio Grande CC
- Bucknell's admission raises questions about how many colleges are reporting false data
It's rational for college seniors not to want their days on campus to end (especially with the job market looking the way it is). A group of Bucknell University engineering students did what they could to extend their time in Pennsylvania's Susquehanna Valley with a commencement day prank on Sunday. According to the Bucknell Facebook page, President John Bravman received an e-mail that day informing him, in verse, that the hands of the campus's main clock had gone missing. It read:
"Early this morning as the dew did fall
Made we an effort at time to stall."
It was signed, "Your Hard Working Engineers."
Later in the day, the university's public safety chief got an anonymous tip pointing him to the missing hands.