Green River Tenured Professors Vote No Confidence in President
- Line in the Sand on Hiring
- New Presidents or Provosts: Bay Path College, California State U. System, Cascadia CC, Coppin State U., Edinboro U. of Pennsylvania, Green River CC, Missouri Southern State U., South Carolina Technical College System
- Colleges help students deal with state voter ID laws
- NYU vote of no confidence highlights divergent views of faculty role in governance
- Faculty Challenge Loyola's Leaders
Ninety-two percent of tenured faculty members at Green River Community College have voted no confidence in President Eileen Ely, The Seattle Times reported. The faculty members criticized an atmosphere that they say has cut them out of decision-making and numerous unilateral changes that have led to, among other things, significant turnover among senior officials at the college. Ely told the Times that she disagreed with the faculty statement, but valued the input of professors and hoped to have a "courageous conversation" with those who organized the vote. Faculty leaders said that they did not ask those without tenure to vote because they did not want to endanger their job security.