Obama to Answer Student Loan Questions
- Student loan interest rates will double July 1
- Deal reached to extend student loan interest rate
- CBO estimates costs and savings of changes to loan programs
- Obama said to propose market-based interest rate for student loans
- Student loan interest rate proposals from House Republicans and some Senate Democrats
WASHINGTON — With less than a week remaining until the interest rate on new, federally subsidized student loans is scheduled to double to 6.8 percent, President Obama will take borrowers' questions about student loans via text message, the White House announced Monday. Obama will pick one question to answer per day.