Indian Institutes of Technology Embrace MOOCs
- Despite rumors, creditialing still an impasse for universities offering MOOCs
- MIT announces two MOOC sequences as edX strategy begins to take shape
- Princeton, Penn and Michigan join the MOOC party
- Gates foundation and ACE go big on MOOC-related grants
- State systems and universities in nine states start experimenting with Coursera
Seven branches of the Indian Institutes of Technology plan to embrace the concept of massive open online courses, The Economic Times reported. They plan to produce a series of courses that, if taken together, could help students qualify for various jobs. An initial series of courses will be in computer science. Organize think that more than 100,000 people could benefit from the offerings.