Google Makes Online Textbook Play
- CourseSmart, the publishing industry's e-textbook provider, acquired by Vital Source
- E-Textbooks -- for Real This Time?
- Blackboard's Bid to Galvanize E-Texts
- Kno-Cengage lawsuit highlights high stakes of digital migration
- McGraw-Hill, WGU announce deal that would shift accountability to content provider
Google is making a play for the student textbook market. At the Wednesday unveiling of its new tablet, the Nexus 7, the company announced it would be adding e-textbooks to its online store and allowing e-textbook rentals. The company said it is working with Cengage, Wiley, Pearson, McGraw-Hill and Macmillan. Rumors of the company's entry into the textbook market had been floating in textbook industry circles ahead of the announcement.