Report Criticizes College's Handling of Assault
- (Alleged) Crime and (Delayed) Punishment?
- Quick Takes: New Measure of What Students Learn, Ominous RFP, Noose and Blackface Incidents, Opposition to Community College Measure, Hiring Surge at Michigan, Accusations From the Past, Oxford's Leader to Leave
- St. Louis Community College deals with brawl and racial comments
- New Presidents and Provosts: Brenau U., Gordon College, Pacific Oaks College, Sacred Heart U., St. Louis CC-Meramec, SUNY-Plattsburgh, West Liberty U.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Brenau U., Gordon College, Pacific Oaks College, Sacred Heart U., St. Louis CC-Meramec, SUNY-Plattsburgh, West Liberty U.
Three officials have been removed from their positions at St. Louis Community College's Meramec campus after a report faulted the college's handling of an assault on campus, and in particular to release of the man accused of the assault, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported. The man's release "resulted in an unnecessary threat to the campus from an individual who should have remained in custody rather than being allowed to roam free after the commission of a major felony,” the report said. It found "a lack in leadership and management from key personnel at the district and campus levels."