Faculty Strike at Bellingham Technical College
- Are faculty strikes effective?
- New Programs: Dental Hygiene, Education, Forensics, Management, Neuroscience
- Mammoth Faculty Strike Looms
- Quick Takes: Limits Proposed on Students From Iran, Good Endowment News, Hartnell Strike Settled, Escalation at Gallaudet, Court Won't Rehear Phoenix Case, Case Scientists Push for Evolution, Race and Rap at Alabama, Race and Welfare in Idaho
- Quick Takes: Tax Issue for 10-Month Profs, Sallie Mae Pledges Loans for All, 9-Week TA Strike at McGill May End, Dartmouth Alumni Reject Suit, Out With the Old, Bill Clinton Pulls Out of UCLA Speech, Graduation on the Road
Faculty members at Bellingham Technical College, in Washington State, went on strike Tuesday and classes were called off until the strike is settled, The Bellingham Herald reported. The union said that there are serious differences on a number of issues, including compensation and workload.