Report Urges Changes in Federal Oversight of Teacher Training Programs
- Report discusses best practices in evaluating teacher preparation programs
- A look at all 15 Reimagining Aid Design and Delivery reports from the Gates Foundation
- Federal report warns that aid proposals could hurt low-income minority students
- Is Higher Ed Act Renewal Dead?
- A Platform to Promote Teacher Ed
The federal government should prod states to better measure the performance of college teacher education programs and redistribute federal funds for the programs to allow a small number of states each year to redesign their training approaches, the Education Trust argues in a new report. The group, which advocates for low-income students, is the latest in a string of reports criticizing the current performance of campus teaching training programs and recommending ways for Congress to reimagine the government's approach to the programs when it renews the Higher Education Act in the coming years.