New Report Forecasts Growth of International Students
- International educators discuss emerging countries for international student recruitment
- Report shows growth in international enrollments, study abroad
- Higher Ed in 2025 and O'Neill's "Growth Map" BRIC Story
- Administrators warned about sham schools that target international students
- Survey finds increases in international enrollments, study abroad
A new report from the British Council forecasting the growth in international students finds that over the next decade growth in higher education enrollments will slow from about 5.0 to 1.4 percent per year. India, Indonesia, Brazil, Nigeria and China will dominate that growth. Students from China and India will continue to make up more than a third of all outwardly mobile students, while Germany, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria and Turkey will also send significant numbers of students overseas. The United States and the United Kingdom will retain their positions as leading destinations for international students through 2024.