Charges and Countercharges at Alabama State U.
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Agnes Scott, Bentley, Birmingham-Southern, Bunker Hill, Excelsior, Goucher, New School, NW Missouri State, Southern Vermont, Valparaiso
- Audit Finds U.S. Overpayments to Lender
- Coaching Under a Black Cloud
- Alabama university limits president's love life
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Bentley, Brandeis, Central, Colgate, College of Westchester, Fayetteville State, Johnson C. Smith, Norwich, Quinnipiac, SUNY Cobleskill, U. of Rhode Island, Wheeling Jesuit
Alabama Governor Robert Bentley, a Republican, on Monday released an audit he commissioned that found possible fraud and waste, conflicts of interest and poor governance at Alabama State University, The Montgomery Advertiser reported. The governor's office said that the report had been turned over to state and federal authorities. Further, the governor called on Alabama State's board to stop a search for a new president until some of the issues raised in the audit could be resolved. The university responded with a statement saying that the governor had violated an agreement to allow Alabama State officials to review and respond to the findings. The university's statement questioned many of the findings, and said that the findings were suspect because they came from "a firm that was handpicked by the governor without a bid and was paid for by funds under his control."