Emmanuel Goes Test-Optional for Admissions
- Test-optional policies fail to increase low-income enrollment, study finds
- Momentum for Going SAT-Optional
- Next Stages in Testing Debate
- Essay calls for faculty members to challenge use of standardized tests
- Hampshire becomes only competitive college in the country that won't look at SAT, ACT scores
Emmanuel College has announced that it will no longer require the SAT or ACT of applicants for admission. "This test-optional policy reinforces the college's commitment to understand a student's overall academic experience, regardless of performance on a single test," said a statement from the college. "In addition, it encourages all students who have achieved success in high school to consider Emmanuel."