Anger Over Presidential Shift at Art College
- New Presidents or Provosts: California State U.-Los Angeles, Nevada State College, Santa Fe U. of Art and Design, Shaw U., Tuskegee U.
- Faculty members at Upper Iowa U. say they lost jobs for questioning curricular changes
- Amid Controversy, Coeducation
- Summers Seeks a 'New Chapter'
- Quick Takes: McCain Criticizes Teacher Ed, New Poet Laureate, No Rush in California, SUNY Candidates, Rethinking Pre-Med, Dean Out at Toledo, Bonus Repaid, FOIA Limits in Michigan, Laureate Keeps Buying, Canadians Rethink Jewish Holidays
David Rosen announced his resignation Thursday as president of the Kendall College of Art and Design, amid student protests on his behalf, MLive reported. Rosen did not give a reason for leaving, after only two years in office, but said that he was doing so voluntarily. But students and other supporters believe he is being forced out, and they are demanding that he be retained. Kendall was founded in 1928 as a free standing art college, but the Grand Rapids institution became part of Ferris State University in 2000.