Ex-Football Coach Is Presidential Finalist at 2 Ohio Universities
- Youngstown State hires former coach Tressel as its president
- Supporters of former football coach push him for Youngstown State presidency
- Football coach-turned-administrator Jim Tressel reflects on athletics and student affairs
- Students upset that U. of Akron is ending cash refunds to top students
- NCAA Bars Ohio State From Postseason for Football Violations
The hot presidential candidate in Ohio higher education doesn't have a Ph.D. or much in the way of campus administrative experience. But he sure can coach.
James P. Tressel, who resigned under pressure as Ohio State University's football coach in 2011, was named as one of three finalists for the presidency of the University of Akron, where he has served since 2012 as executive vice president for student success.
And Monday, the search committee at Youngstown State University -- which gave Tressel his first head coaching job and later made him its athletics director as well -- made him one of its three presidential finalists, too.