$75 Million Gift for Notre Dame
- Higher ed split on merits of patent company Intellectual Ventures
- Quick Takes: Guidelines for New U.S. Grant Program, Notre Dame Allows 'Monologues,' New Round of 'Million Dollar Professors,' Career Education and the SEC, American Scientist Ousted From Korean University Presidency
- Quick Takes: Brandeis Art Debate Continues, New School Divisions Continue, Community College Retention, Honors for A-Rod Questioned, Furloughs to Save Jobs, SUNY Makes It Official, Protests in France
- Notre Dame's move to ACC could calm realignment
- Building Up College Towns
The University of Notre Dame on Friday announced a $75 million gift -- the largest ever to the university -- from John W. Jordan, an alumnus and trustee. The money will be used for "the creation of a world-class research program in an area of science and technology that is new to Notre Dame and that has the potential to create innovative intellectual property that has important commercial potential."