Art College May Merge Into Southern New Hampshire U.
- Competency-based education may get a boost
- New competency-based programs at Lipscomb could be model for liberal arts colleges
- Northern Arizona University's new competency-based degrees and transcripts
- Secret merger, now public, meets opposition in Georgia
- Feds give nudge to competency-based education
Southern New Hampshire University, known for its online and competency-based programs, but which also has traditional campus-based offerings, is in merger talks with the New Hampshire Institute of Art, a private, bachelor's granting arts college, The Manchester Union Leader reported. A merger, officials said, would expand Southern New Hampshire's arts offerings and provide it with real estate in downtown Manchester, while the art college would gain from the university's marketing and recruitment strengths.