Commencement Speakers Announced: Buffalo State, Cal State Los Angeles, Lindsey Wilson, Marlboro, Medgar Evers, San Francisco State, Stevens, U. of Denver
May 15, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Buffalo State College of the State University of New York: Carl Wilkens, founder of World Outside My Shoes, and Donna M. Fernandes, president and CEO of the Buffalo Zoo.
- California State University at Los Angeles: Terrence James Roberts, one of the Little Rock Nine; and U.S. Representative Judy Chu, Democrat from California.
- Lindsey Wilson College: Roger Drake, the outgoing vice president of administration and finance.
- Marlboro College: Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin.
- Medgar Evers College of the City University of New York: Lowell F. Hawthorne, president and CEO of Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery & Grill.
- San Francisco State University: Larry Baer, president and CEO of the San Francisco Giants.
- Stevens Institute of Technology: Lawrence T. Babbio Jr., senior advisor at the financial services firm TAP Advisors LLC; and Stephen T. Boswell, president and CEO of Boswell Engineering, a civil and environmental engineering consulting firm.
- University of Denver: Michael Hancock, mayor of Denver; Ban Ki-moon, United Nations secretary-general; and U.S. Senator Michael Bennet, Democrat from Colorado.
Clemson is a dynamic research university located in Upstate South Carolina at the center of the booming I-85 corridor between Charlotte, N.C., and Atl...
UC Davis is a recognized leader in higher education, offering world-class academic, research and professional opportunities to its students, staff and...