Obama Announces 2011 National Humanities Medals
February 13, 2012
President Obama on Friday announced the recipients of the 2011 National Humanities Medals:
- Kwame Anthony Appiah, a professor of philosophy at Princeton University.
- John Ashbery, the poet.
- Robert Darnton, a professor of history and librarian at Harvard University.
- Andrew Delbanco, professor of humanities at Columbia University.
- Charles Rosen, the music writer.
- Teofilo Ruiz, a professor of history and chair of Spanish and Portuguese at the University of California at Los Angeles.
- Ramón Saldívar, a professor of English and comparative literature at Stanford University.
- Amartya Sen, a professor of economics and philosophy at Harvard University.
Complete biographies of the winners may be found here.
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Southern New Hampshire University is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited university with an 80-year history of educating successful professionals...
The University of Montana offers one of the richest learning environments of any campus in the nation...