Profiles of Students in Competency-Based Programs
- Lumina-funded group seeks to lead conversation on competency-based education
- Northern Arizona University's new competency-based degrees and transcripts
- Barriers to competency-based education may be lifting, panel says
- Competency-based education heats up with new entrants
- Competency-based education may get a boost
A new report from the Center for American Progress profiles 13 students who are enrolled in a range of competency-based degree programs at seven different institutions. Lawmakers are showing interest in competency-based education of late. In an effort to help shape policies that might emerge, the report tries to uncover commonalities between the students' experiences. It also features several policy recommendations, such as a call for standards of quality and experimentation with financial aid rules.