March 13, 2012
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2012:
- Bradley University: William Clay Ford Jr., executive chairman of the Ford Motor Company.
- Columbia College (South Carolina): President Bill Clinton.
- LIM College: Michael Gould, CEO of Bloomingdale’s.
- Michigan Technological University: Martha N. Sullivan, president and CEO of Sensata Technologies.
- Norwich University: General Martin E. Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- Otterbein University: Peter Lee, corporate vice president of Microsoft Research.
- Saint Joseph College, in Connecticut: Governor Dannel P. Malloy, a Connecticut Democrat.
- Salem State University: Molly Baldwin, founder and executive director of Roca Inc., a community organization focused on high-risk youth; and Robert DeLeo, speaker of the Massachusetts House of Representatives.
- Smith College: Jane Lynch, the actress.
- University of California at Los Angeles: Jessica Jackley, co-founder of Kiva, a peer-to-peer micro-lending website.
- Virginia Tech: U.S. Senator Mark Warner, a Virginia Democrat.
- Whitman College: Eric Schlosser, author of Fast Food Nation.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading