Commencement Speakers Announced: American Public U., Babson, Benjamin Franklin Institute, Lehigh, Mass. Psychology, Oregon College of Art, Philadelphia U., Saint Peter's, Skidmore, Touro, U. of Maryland, Utica, Wheaton (Mass.)
May 16, 2012
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2012:
- American Public University System: Lieutenant General (Ret.) Kenneth W. Hunzeker, president of ITT Exelis Mission Systems.
- Babson College: Reid Hoffman, executive chairman of LinkedIn and partner at Greylock Partners; and Maria Eitel, president and CEO of the Nike Foundation.
- Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology: Paul S. Grogan, president of the Boston Foundation.
- Lehigh University: Ali bin Ibrahim Al-Naimi, Saudi minister of petroleum and mineral resources.
- Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology: David Satcher, former U.S. surgeon general.
- Oregon College of Art and Craft: Johanna Branson, a fellow of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
- Philadelphia University: James O. Ellis III, swim coach and educator, whose success coaching inner-city swimmers inspired the 2007 film “Pride."
- Saint Peter's College: Ambassador Anwarul K. Chowdhury, who has held a number of diplomatic posts for Bangladesh and for the United Nations.
- Skidmore College: Grace Burton, associate professor of Spanish at the college.
- Touro College: Judith Kaye, former chief judge of New York State.
- University of Maryland at College Park: John Berry, director of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management.
- Utica College: Malaak Compton-Rock, activist, philanthropist and author.
- Wheaton College, in Massachusetts: Janet L. Robinson, retired president and CEO of the New York Times Company.
Search for Jobs
New York, NY
Chula Vista, CA
Mount Holyoke College is a highly selective liberal arts institution with a long tradition of educating women for active engagement in the world. A...
Welcome to Ross University School of Medicine and School of Veterinary Medicine. Ross University is one of the largest and most successful Caribbean...