April 2, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Bard College: Gabrielle Giffords, the former congresswoman, and her husband, Mark Kelly, a retired Space Shuttle commander.
- Berkshire Community College: Stephanie Wilson, an astronaut with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- Hilbert College: Howard Zemsky, the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority chair.
- Kalamazoo College: Walter Massey, president of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, former president of Morehouse College, and former director of the National Science Foundation.
- Northcentral University: Anya Kamenetz, author of Generation Debt and DIY U: Edupunks, Edupreneurs, and the Coming Transformation of Higher Education.
- Palm Beach Atlantic University: Eric Metaxas, the author and radio commentator.
- Philadelphia University: Carson Kressley, fashion celebrity, television host and author.
- Roanoke College: Rev. Paul R. Henrickson, who retires this year after 30 years as chaplain at the college.
- Robert Morris University: Rich Fitzgerald, county executive for Allegheny County, Pa.
- Shimer College: Martin E. Marty, the Fairfax M. Cone Distinguished Service Professor Emeritus of the History of Modern Christianity in the Divinity School of the University of Chicago.
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro: Norman Anderson, CEO of the American Psychological Association.
- University of Rochester: Steven Chu, secretary of energy during President Obama's first term.
Read more by
What Others Are Reading