April 2, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Bard College: Gabrielle Giffords, the former congresswoman, and her husband, Mark Kelly, a retired Space Shuttle commander.
- Berkshire Community College: Stephanie Wilson, an astronaut with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- Hilbert College: Howard Zemsky, the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority chair.
- Kalamazoo College: Walter Massey, president of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, former president of Morehouse College, and former director of the National Science Foundation.
- Northcentral University: Anya Kamenetz, author of Generation Debt and DIY U: Edupunks, Edupreneurs, and the Coming Transformation of Higher Education.
- Palm Beach Atlantic University: Eric Metaxas, the author and radio commentator.
- Philadelphia University: Carson Kressley, fashion celebrity, television host and author.
- Roanoke College: Rev. Paul R. Henrickson, who retires this year after 30 years as chaplain at the college.
- Robert Morris University: Rich Fitzgerald, county executive for Allegheny County, Pa.
- Shimer College: Martin E. Marty, the Fairfax M. Cone Distinguished Service Professor Emeritus of the History of Modern Christianity in the Divinity School of the University of Chicago.
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro: Norman Anderson, CEO of the American Psychological Association.
- University of Rochester: Steven Chu, secretary of energy during President Obama's first term.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading