April 18, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Bard College at Simon's Rock: Ben Bernanke, chairman of the Federal Reserve.
- Fayetteville State University: Sharon Orlopp, global chief diversity officer and senior vice president at Walmart.
- Fordham University: Richard Engel, chief foreign correspondent for NBC News.
- Johns Hopkins University: Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa, a neuroscientist and neurosurgeon at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Lasell College: Lucie Salhany, former chairwoman of Fox Broadcasting.
- Mount St. Mary's College, in California: Maria Contreras-Sweet, the founding chairwoman of PROAMÉRICA BANK.
- Ohio Dominican University: Stephen Steinour, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Huntington Bancshares Inc.
- Roger Williams University: John M. Barry, a historian and a biographer of Roger Williams.
- Sacred Heart University: E. Patricia Llodra, first selectman of Newtown, Conn.
- Sarah Lawrence College: Vera Wang, the fashion designer.
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst: Kenneth I. Chenault, CEO of American Express Company.
- Union College, in New York: U.S. Representative John Lewis, a Democrat from Georgia.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading