May 8, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Central State University, in Ohio: Roland Martin, the journalist.
- Delaware Tech: Terence M. Murphy, president and CEO of Bayhealth Medical Center; Todd F. Lawson, administrator of Sussex County; Colonel Nathaniel McQueen Jr., superintendent of the Delaware State Police.
- Long Island University Post: U.S. Representative Steve Israel, Democrat from New York.
- Monmouth University: Paul G. Gaffney II, who is retiring as president of the university.
- Mount Holyoke College: Kavita Ramdas, the Ford Foundation’s representative in India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
- Mount St. Mary's College, in Maryland: The Rev. William E. Lori, archbishop of Baltimore.
- Phoenix College: Edmundo Hidalgo, president and CEO of Chicanos Por La Causa.
- Regis College, in Massachusetts: Cardinal Seán O'Malley, archbishop of Boston.
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: Hou Hanru, the curator and critic.
- School of Visual Arts: Greil Marcus, the author.
- State University of New York at Albany: Monte Lipman and Avery Lipman, co-founders and chief executives of Republic Records.
- Susquehanna University: Allan E. Goodman, president of the Institute of International Education.
- University of the Pacific: Walter Robb, co-CEO of Whole Foods.
- Virginia Tech: Charles W. Steger, president of the university.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading