May 8, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Central State University, in Ohio: Roland Martin, the journalist.
- Delaware Tech: Terence M. Murphy, president and CEO of Bayhealth Medical Center; Todd F. Lawson, administrator of Sussex County; Colonel Nathaniel McQueen Jr., superintendent of the Delaware State Police.
- Long Island University Post: U.S. Representative Steve Israel, Democrat from New York.
- Monmouth University: Paul G. Gaffney II, who is retiring as president of the university.
- Mount Holyoke College: Kavita Ramdas, the Ford Foundation’s representative in India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka.
- Mount St. Mary's College, in Maryland: The Rev. William E. Lori, archbishop of Baltimore.
- Phoenix College: Edmundo Hidalgo, president and CEO of Chicanos Por La Causa.
- Regis College, in Massachusetts: Cardinal Seán O'Malley, archbishop of Boston.
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: Hou Hanru, the curator and critic.
- School of Visual Arts: Greil Marcus, the author.
- State University of New York at Albany: Monte Lipman and Avery Lipman, co-founders and chief executives of Republic Records.
- Susquehanna University: Allan E. Goodman, president of the Institute of International Education.
- University of the Pacific: Walter Robb, co-CEO of Whole Foods.
- Virginia Tech: Charles W. Steger, president of the university.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading