Commencement Speakers Announced: Bemidji State, College of Holy Cross, Hollins, Maryville, New School, Notre Dame Maryland, Otterbein, Pitzer, Quinnipiac, School of Visual Arts, Ursinus, VMI
March 21, 2014
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- Bemidji State University: Trudy Rautio, CEO of the Carlson Companies.
- College of the Holy Cross: Jon Favreau, former director of speechwriting for President Obama.
- Hollins University: Ellen Goldsmith-Vein, owner and CEO of the Gotham Group.
- Maryville College: James B. Ethier, chairman of the board of Bush Brothers & Company.
- New School: Zadie Smith, the novelist.
- Notre Dame of Maryland University: Carolyn Woo, president and CEO of Catholic Relief Services.
- Otterbein University: U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio and his wife, the Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist Connie Schultz.
- Pitzer College: Van Jones, the environmental and civil rights advocate.
Quinnipiac University: Steve Forbes, chairman and editor-in-chief of Forbes Media; John Feal, founder of the FealGood Foundation; and Andrew Jenks, a filmmaker.
Steve Forbes, chairman and editor-in-chief of Forbes Media; John Feal, founder of the FealGood Foundation; and Andrew Jenks, an award-winning filmmaker - See more at: http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/2014-commencement-speakers-announced/steve-forbes-john-feal-and-andrew-jenks-to-address-graduates-at-commencement-may-18/#sthash.coS1TCyC.dpuf
- School of Visual Arts: U.S. Representative John Lewis of Georgia.
- Ursinus College: Zainab Hawa Bangura, special representative of the United Nations secretary-general on sexual violence.
- Virginia Military Institute: General Martin E. Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Search for Jobs
Sugar Grove, IL
La Plata, MD
Hyde Park, NY
Huntington Beach, CA
West Long Branch, NJ
The University of Balamand is a non-profit and independent institution of higher education. It was founded in 1988 by Patriarch Ignatius IV,...
Today, CCC&TI offers hundreds of day and evening courses as well as online courses designed to fit any schedule or lifestyle. Students may choose...