March 21, 2014
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- Bemidji State University: Trudy Rautio, CEO of the Carlson Companies.
- College of the Holy Cross: Jon Favreau, former director of speechwriting for President Obama.
- Hollins University: Ellen Goldsmith-Vein, owner and CEO of the Gotham Group.
- Maryville College: James B. Ethier, chairman of the board of Bush Brothers & Company.
- New School: Zadie Smith, the novelist.
- Notre Dame of Maryland University: Carolyn Woo, president and CEO of Catholic Relief Services.
- Otterbein University: U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio and his wife, the Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist Connie Schultz.
- Pitzer College: Van Jones, the environmental and civil rights advocate.
Quinnipiac University: Steve Forbes, chairman and editor-in-chief of Forbes Media; John Feal, founder of the FealGood Foundation; and Andrew Jenks, a filmmaker.
Steve Forbes, chairman and editor-in-chief of Forbes Media; John Feal, founder of the FealGood Foundation; and Andrew Jenks, an award-winning filmmaker - See more at: http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/2014-commencement-speakers-announced/steve-forbes-john-feal-and-andrew-jenks-to-address-graduates-at-commencement-may-18/#sthash.coS1TCyC.dpuf
- School of Visual Arts: U.S. Representative John Lewis of Georgia.
- Ursinus College: Zainab Hawa Bangura, special representative of the United Nations secretary-general on sexual violence.
- Virginia Military Institute: General Martin E. Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading